Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update: Sports Radio Hosts Fired For Profane Outburst


As I expected, Clear Channel has come to a final decision on the future of Larry Cotlar and Marty Tirrell, the two hosts that I wrote about on my blog earlier today.


And, as I figured, the final decision was the conservative play. Cotlar and Tirrell have been let go. Here is the link to the story.


I feel bad for Cotlar, who got dragged into this confrontation by Tirrell (from what I could tell by listening to the audio). He is a good guy and hopefully will land somewhere. He's not completely a victim in this because he contributed to the situation, but in this economy, losing a job in the Sports Radio industry is particualrly tough.


I don't know Tirrell, but my guess is he will have a harder time finding a new gig. The audio makes it clear that he has anger issues.




No comments: